Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Papa Bear


ok so I can explain...

Yesterday I lowered Maggie's mattress down to the lowest it can go, and since I had to take the bumpers off to do it, I just left them off since Maggie is a big girl now. Well we put Maggie to bed like we usually do and a couple of hours we go to bed. Around 2:00 in the morning I wake up to Maggie SCREAMING. I jump up and run into her room and see that her leg is stuck in between the railings, like really stuck, above her knee cap. I try pulling it out, but its not budging, and she is making it worse by wiggling around and screaming. I start freaking out because I really can't get her leg out! Some how Eric never woke up with all of this going on, so I yelled for him to come in there. He jumps up, comes barreling in, takes one look at what is going on, and breaks apart the railing like its a twig. Can you say adrenaline rush? Maggie's leg is fine, she just sniffled all night (of course she slept with us). But I think Eric had his first Papa Bear moment.

...I don't know what we are going to do about the crib yet, she's fine to take naps in it but that big opening scares me. We might have to change over to a toddler bed sooner than later...

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. I'm glad her leg is okay. You may want to put the bumpers back on just until you figure out what to do about the broken slat. ha! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete